1. It’s absolutely, 100% fine, even encouraged, to judge people and discriminate against them entirely based on something outside of their control, like skin color, sexuality, gender, etc. It’s encouraged to promote hatred of people for these things, because it’s a healthy way to let out pent-up emotion and frustration.
2. People with privilege, especially white cishet males, can not suffer in any way (because of their privilege, they are exempt from difficulties in life). Obviously only minorities can suffer from lack of money, mental illness, loss, or other hardships.
3. There’s no need for you to educate yourself and read up on the subject that you’re speaking for. Relevant books are only written by white male cishets who are terrified to experience the fall of patriarchy and therefore should be ignored and referred to as an unreliable source when used in the opposing argument to show a point. Personal experience and stories you’ve heard (obviously true, regardless of where you’ve heard them from) are the only reliable references you use in your arguments.
4. If anyone opposes you, regardless of their argument, just tell them they a) are bigoted able-bodied white cishet males trying to oppress you or b) if they’re part of a minority group, tell them they have unfortunately internalized the patriarchy, poor souls. If they object, scour their argument for anything that could give them away for being ableist (do they suggest you actually go out and do something to further your cause? do they call you out for using improper grammar? do they use the word st*pid or d*mb?), ageist (do they say you’re immature? do they say you have no experience or that you’re too young to argue these things?), etc.
5. One person can speak for the entire group. Even if they are not part of that group. In fact, especially if they aren’t part of that group. As long as they are pointing out oppression, it must be true. For example, white people calling out others for cultural appropriation for getting henna tattoos. However, this does not apply if a single person says a group is not oppressed, regardless if they are part of that group, because they’ve probably just internalized the patriarchy anyway.
6. It’s okay—nay, encouraged!—to make up your own definitions to suit your argument. If someone tries to argue against you (for example, if you say racism against white people doesn’t exist) by copying and pasting the dictionary definition, say that the dictionary is wrong. Brownie points if you say that the dictionary is a result of the patriarchy and its definitions are just a way of systemic oppression.
7. What happens on your public blog is private. Forget that your blog is part of an enormous web of blogs on tumblr and that it’s surprisingly easy to find your way to an obscure post. If somebody finds your post complaining about cishets and whines about it, they obviously were intruding on a private conversation and should be told to mind their own business.
8. Evidence to back up claims should only come from Tumblr. Anecdotes, statistics, facts, definitions, opinions…. All of it should come from that post you saw one time on Tumblr but have now lost. Somebody uses outside sources against you? Don’t bother checking it out because what you saw was the truth. Why would something you read one time not be true?
9. Contradict yourself as much as possible. Ignore anyone who tries to point out your hypocrisy, because they are just white cishet male scum.
10. Be angry. For God’s sake, if nothing else, be angry. You’ve been wronged. You are still being wronged. You will be wronged for eternity and there’s nothing you can do about it but hate nearly everyone around you for things outside their control and your control. Anger will solve everything if it’s powerful enough.
mocking the cutscene right before a level where you keep dying because you’ve heard it so many times
(all the Wrath kids, all together now)
Boldly said. But I remain unconvinced.
(I always remember that line in particular because that was my cue to PoM the tank.)
I wondered if I would get a question about this after I heard about that kerfuffle. I’ve gotten a number of questions about it, so I thought I’d post my take on the matter here. The answer that it would take double the work is not entirely accurate, but it also isn’t a completely trivial task to do either.