but i’d really like to see more attack on titan please.
i’m always so happy when i find something that appeals to the masses in its amazingness because then i don’t have to watch it alone & in secret.
IIRC Attack on Titan is one of those shows that’s in Haruhi limbo- ie “we don’t have enough material from the original work to make another season of anime.”
Thankfully, unlike Haruhi, the writer of Attack on Titan hasn’t come down with a sudden case of writer’s block, so we should see another AoT season Soon(TM)
WELCOME TO TUMBLR
WHERE PEOPLE HATE WHITE PEOPLE, AND BLACK PEOPLE, AND BROWN PEOPLE, AND HET PEOPLE, AND GAY PEOPLE, AND TRANS PEOPLE, AND CIS PEOPLE, AND BASICALLY EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
THERE IS NO ONE THAT CAN ESCAPE FROM THE HATRED OF THIS WEB COMMUNITY BECAUSE IF YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY A BIGOT WILL ATTACK YOU AND IF YOU ARE PRIVILEGED AN SJW WILL ATTACK YOU
ENJOY YOUR STAY YOU PIECE OF SHIT
Elsa with no make up
I THINK SHE WOULD STILL HAVE EYELASHES AND BLUE EYESand her eyelids
Here tumblr, have a thing VuV
laughing too hard
they just fucking erased her iris im laughing so hard rn.
Didn’t you guys know? we blue eyed people paint our irises onto our eyeballs.
WHAT THE FUCK, WHY ARE YOU TELLING THEM OUR SECRETS
James Taranto, Asshole of the Day for February 11, 2014
No means no. It’s really that simple. Other things that mean no:
- Being passed out and saying nothing means no.
- Not being old enough to consent also means no.
And yet there are some people who refuse to let this sink in. They keep trying to parse and what-if and victim blame to find reasons to excuse the absence of consent. Case in point— Wall Street Journal editor James Taranto writes that drunk college girls are equally guilty of sexual assault when they get raped. Yes, he really said this, and yes, the Wall Street Journal really published this:
In his February 10 WSJ column, Taranto baselessly argued that men are often unfairly accused in sexual assault cases on college campuses, particularly when both men and women involved in the case were drinking (emphasis added):
What is called the problem of “sexual assault” on campus is in large part a problem of reckless alcohol consumption, by men and women alike.
If two drunk drivers are in a collision, one doesn’t determine fault on the basis of demographic details such as each driver’s sex. But when two drunken college students “collide,” the male one is almost always presumed to be at fault. His diminished capacity owing to alcohol is not a mitigating factor, but herdiminished capacity is an aggravating factor for him.
As the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education notes, at some campuses the accuser’s having had one drink is sufficient to establish the defendant’s guilt … In theory that means, as FIRE notes, that “if both parties are intoxicated during sex, they are both technically guilty of sexually assaulting each other.” In practice it means that women, but not men, are absolved of responsibility by virtue of having consumed alcohol.
While it is true that reckless alcohol consumption can play a role in encouraging damaging behavior, and that male and female college students (particularly underage students) could probably benefit from learning to moderate their drinking for a variety of reasons, Taranto’s accusation that women who drink — and then are forced to have sex against their will — are not only equally at fault for their assault but are guilty of an equivalent crime takes victim blaming to a new and dangerous low.
Just because two people are drunk does not mean that consent no longer matters. No from a drunk person still means no. And no answer from a passed out person still means no.
And how far is Taranto willing to take this logic? Because if he thinks that the woman is an equal party in her own rape when drunk, then what other crimes will he also excuse when people are drunk?
If he gets drunk with a guy and that guy rapes him, is he an accomplice to his own rape?
If he gets drunk with a guy and that guy goes through his pockets and takes all his money, is he an accomplice to his own robbery?
If he gets drunk with a guy and that guy murders him, is he an accomplice to his own murder?
Then why is a drunk woman an accomplice to her own rape?
She’s not. But for trying to make her an accomplice to her own rape, James Taranto is the Asshole of the Day.
It is James Taranto’s first time as Asshole of the Day, though one of many rape apologists to win.
He’s doing a shit job of communicating that point, but I’m pretty sure he’s not talking about cases where one intoxicated person rapes another, but cases where two intoxicated people have consensual sex, specifically the fact that these cases are frequently viewed as the man taking advantage of the woman’s drunken state, regardless of who initiated it and their relative levels of intoxication.
If it’s rape when they’re sober it’s rape when they’re drunk, absolutely, and fuck this guy if he’s saying otherwise. But if it’s not rape if they’re sober, gender shouldn’t factor into the question of whether or not it’s rape when they’re drunk (or more typically the question of who’s raping who if both are drunk.)
Again, I can see how one could conclude that he’s making an asshole point, but I think it’s more likely that he’s doing a shitty job of making a pretty valid point.
I like Twitter for jokes and breaking news, Google Plus for really interesting and insightful information on some specific things I like, and Tumblr for being angrily lectured by twentysomethings with no life experience.
You are actively hurting your own movement.
You are tearing down the progress people have worked long and hard for in the name of who can be the most radical.
And seriously? Fuck you for doing it.
- [Oppressed] people don’t have to be nice to [privileged] people- they’re their oppressors! Yes, as a group, privileged people have oppressed oppressed people. As individuals? No. And when you classify ALL privileged people as “your oppressors”, you are, in essence, saying your existence would be better without them- that their very act of being alive in the world today is oppressing you. Do you not see how small of a hop, skip and a jump that is to “it would be better if these people were not alive” to “let’s kill them”? The barista who served you coffee this morning is not actively oppressing you, despite her cis/het/white/able-bodied/neurotypical/whatever-ness. Systems of power are oppressing you. Age old laws are oppressing you. Corrupt law makers are oppressing you. Every individual privileged person CANNOT be classified as “your oppressor”.
- [Oppressed] people don’t have to be nice to [privileged] people- they’re their oppressors! Sure as a general rule no one has to be nice to anyone, whatever. You can be a huge dick to everyone around you. My personal opinion is that would make for a much sadder, angrier life, but hey I’m not your mom. But. Here’s the big, big but. When you are positing yourself as a Social Justice Advocate (be it warrior, activist, whatever) you are putting yourself as the “face” of that oppressed group(s). When you do that, you automatically become someone people will look to when they look at your oppressed group. Being a dick is only going to make people angry, solidify their views, and make them double down on the hate. Don’t feel like you can be nice today? Go to a safe space (see below), or stick to other topics, or call up a friend. Don’t take it out on other people.
- They would have hated me anyways! What kind of cop-out bullshit is this? Really, this doesn’t even deserve a response. If someone is seeking you out to learn about whatever SJ issue, then they are, at WORST, curious if biased.
- It’s not my job to educate you! YOU POSITED YOURSELF AS A SJA. You are telling people what is right/not right, what is oppression, what is privilege, what is power. You are positioning yourself as a teacher- saddle up, because now you’re teaching. Make a 101 FAQ (and try not to do the shakesville 200k word + FAQ) and link that a many times as needed. If someone’s derailing by continually demanding you educate them, even after you’ve linked the 101? Block them. Don’t want to be a teacher? Then back down from the activism. Yes, it’s fucking exhausting, and dreadful, and soul sucking. That’s what social change looks like. Take a break if you need to.
- [Insert dreadful “joke” about privileged people here, be it a White Girl joke or ‘ewww I touched a cishet today’ or *voice* posts] Congratulations you’re making your group look like an asshole. Moving on.
- All insulting [privileged people] does is hurt feelings/white tears/male tears/fee-fees/waah waah call a whambulance]etc! Good God. I literally am unable to fathom how you are so ignorant. How many people on this website have anxiety disorders? Depression? Bipolar? PSTD? ASD? How many people on this website have been so deeply hurt by “just words” that they have hurt themselves or, God help us, killed themselves? Remember when your parents would tell you to ‘just ignore’ the bullies? Remember how that made you feel, how you felt like all you could do is sit there and soak up their cruelty? Guess what. You’re the bully now.
- But it’s not nearly as bad as what [oppressed group] goes through! YES. This is right! Being called ‘fucking cis scum’ is no where near as bad as being beaten for being trans! You are right! Did you know you are essentially prioritizing one human’s emotions over another’s? You’re saying “you broke your arm but hey, some people break BOTH arms! You’re fine!” That’s bullshit and you know why? Cause it STILL FUCKING HURTS TO HAVE A BROKEN ARM. It still hurts to be broke, even if you’re not in poverty. It still hurts to be in poverty, even if you have access to running water. One human’s pain can only be gauged by the experiences of that human- not by the theoretical ‘worse thing’ that you will throw out at them.
- You are not screaming at systems of power. You are screaming, bullying, and tearing down individual people. This isn’t helping your cause. This is venting anger at a system towards an individual. This is making an individual suffer the brunt of your anger and paint because they happen to have been lucky enough to be born a little bit more “acceptable” than you.
- But they said- Fuck right off. Unless someone is throwing slurs and defending their right to use them, or advocating violence/death to people, whatever they did doesn’t deserve a pile-on of hatred. Ignorance happens. People are misinformed, ignorant, clueless creatures. Either educate them (see above), or refuse to engage.
- But I NEED to vent! This is my SAFE SPACE! Yes, you need to vent. Everyone does. This is NOT a safe space. This is a public blogging website where literally anyone can see and respond to whatever you throw out there. Need a safe space? There are dozens of moderated forums across the web, just a Google search away, where you can go and scream to your heart’s content around people like you, people who will understand why you are angry and why you are screaming, not random teenagers on a micro-blogging website. There are IRL groups in almost every corner of the globe, if you’d rather do some face-to-face breaking down.
- Your emotions are valid. Your anger is valid. Your mistrust is valid. Being horrible to people who have not actively done you harm is not valid.
For two weeks, the subject had to be manually rehydrated due to the constant crying. Eventually, he turned his head and, despite his blindness, made focused eye contact with a scientist for the first time in the study.
He whispered “I have spoken with God, and He has abandoned us” and his vital signs stopped.
There was no apparent cause of death.
Racism is horrible!
yeah! it is!
POC are mistreated!
yeah! it's so horrible!
White people are horrible!
I HATE WHITE PEOPLE
THEY ALL SUCK
Women are important.
oh! yes! they are!
no matter what shape size or color!
yeah! youre all wonderful and great!
men are pigs!
WE SHOULD TREAT THEM ALL LIKE IDIOTS
THEYRE ALL THE SAME.
Trans people are mistreated....
its sick how people hurt them
that is sick. There's nothing wrong with trans people.
Cis people are all horrible killers
fucking cis scum
you know....i dont feel comfortable with this
what do you mean
well you're kind of bullying people-
ITS NOT BULLYING
WE HAVE TO BE OPRESSED EVERY DAY. SO WE'RE ALLOWED TO CALL YOU NAMES
i dont think that's how that works-
OOOOOOH YOU POOR OPRESSED WHITE CIS PERSON! YOU HAVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!
thats not what i meant-
DID WE HURT YOUR POOR LITTLE BABY FEELINGS
YOU DONT GET AN OPINION
by the way we love everybody! never bully! no hate! loving community! :)
No, I never cared about most of my neighbors.
I bought myself some Christmas presents.
If someone wore an “I <3 misogyny” shirt while drinking from a “trans tears” mug would you be upset?
Let’s find out…
Kill This Man
i hope ur mama finds ur “i <3 misogyny” tshirt on the floor in ur room underneath the crushed doritos + socks filled with dried sperm and doesnt let u go to the big D&D tournament u been talking about for months
If someone wore an “I <3 misogyny” shirt while drinking from a “trans tears”mug would you be upset?
Let’s find out…
I cant believe you missed that part as in THIS WAS A FUCKING TEST THAT WAS FUCKING IN YOUR FACE AND THEY FELL FOR IT
this site is the breeding ground for idiots i’ll tell yah
~the black one is laughing her ass off
There it is folks, here is the experiment we, undoubtedly, were all looking for! You wear something that says Misandry and no one bats an eye, but turn that word to misogyny and everything goes to hell. The hypocrisy physically hurts me.
Hahaha, this website never ceases to simultaneously amaze and disappoint me, I feel like I’m OP’s parents.